Director & Officer, Fiduciary Liability and Professional Negligence
Director and Officer or “D&O” litigation involves state and federal court claims against corporate directors and officers, including claims for negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of duty of loyalty, breach of contract and fraud.
Bast Amron lawyers are experienced in representing trustees, receivers and creditors prosecuting D&O claims as well as similar claims against other fiduciaries, accountants, lenders and other professionals for negligence, breach of duties and malpractice.
D&O, fiduciary liability and professional negligence litigation is a highly specialized area in which the prosecuting lawyers must be familiar not only with the dynamics of fiduciary obligations, negligence and malpractice, but also the intricacies of the insurance policies and coverage often applicable to the claims. Our attorneys have the experience to investigate, formulate, assert and prosecute the types of claims that will prevail in court while remaining within the confines of coverage. Because the insurance policies often carry strict deadlines for asserting claims, our attorneys are able to conduct investigations and discovery in a compressed time frame to protect and preserve the available insurance coverage, often the only material asset from which creditors may recover their losses.
- Special litigation counsel to the Liquidating Trustees of Advance Blast Protection, Inc., a designer and distributor of vehicle armoring systems to foreign and domestic governments. Bast Amron LLP attorneys successfully investigated and prosecuted claims against the former officers and directors of the company, resulting in a settlement of $1.95 million
- Special litigation counsel to the Liquidating Trustee of SMF Energy Corporation, a provider of mobile fleet fueling services. Bast Amron LLP attorneys conducted an in-depth investigation of claims on an expedited basis, including procurement and review of hundreds of thousands of pages of documents, and coordination of depositions across the country, resulting in a recovery of over $5 million to creditors
- Special Counsel to Plan Administrator prosecuting director and officer liability claims in E-Brands Restaurants, LLC, et al Chapter 11 case, resulting in a recovery of $1 million to creditors
- Special Counsel to Trustee in Scott Acquisition Corp. Chapter 7 case investigating and prosecuting director and officer liability and professional malpractice claims, resulting in a recovery to creditors in excess of $4.5 million
- Liquidating trustee in Pacific Forest Chapter 11 case pursuing insiders and banks relating to a $500 million check kiting scheme, resulting in a recovery to creditors in excess of $5 million
- Receiver for failed HMO in SunStar Health Plan investigating and pursuing director and officer liability and professional malpractice claims