Brett M. Amron
BANKRUPTCY & COMMERCIAL LITIGATION, CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING & REORGANIZATION
Scott N. Brown
BANKRUPTCY, FIDUCIARY REPRESENTATION, CREDITORS RIGHTS & COMMERCIAL LITIGATION; PANEL CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY TRUSTEE
Jeremy J. Hart
COMPLEX COMMERCIAL LITIGATION, FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS & CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION
SunTrust International Center
One S.E. Third Ave., Ste. 1440
Miami, Fl 33131
Phone: (305) 379-7904
Fax: (305) 379-7905
J.D., New York University
School of Law, 1993
B.S., University of Florida,
Partner, Jeffrey Bast, P.A.
Partner, Hunton & Williams
Partner, Holland & Knight
Associate, Holland & Knight
Judicial law clerk,
U.S. District Court S.D. Fla.
Judicial law clerk,
U.S. Bankr. Court N.D. Tex.
Member, Florida Bar
Member, New York Bar
Director, Bankruptcy Bar
District of Florida
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Member, American Bar Association,
Business Law Section, Business
Bankruptcy Committee, Small Business
Subcommittee, Vice Chair 2012-2014
Jeffrey P. Bast
BANKRUPTCY, RESTRUCTURING & COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Practice focuses on bankruptcy and insolvency, emphasizing corporate reorganization, restructuring, creditors’ rights, workouts, and commercial litigation in several industries, including real estate, retail, healthcare, telecommunications, internet and technology, hotels, textiles, transportation, franchise operations, travel, aviation, manufacturing, and financial institutions.
Jeff also provides insolvency-related advice and has extensive experience with all aspects of bankruptcy litigation, appeals and legal opinions for complex transactions.
He now represents corporate debtors, shareholders, trustees, receivers, indenture trustees and creditors’ committees, as well as financial institutions and other secured and unsecured creditors in complex workouts, reorganizations and liquidations
- Special Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors prosecuting director and officer liabiity claims - SMF Energy Corporation
- Special Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors prosecuting director and officer liability claims - E-Brands Restaurants, LLC, et al
- Creditors committee in Advanced Blast Protection, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Solar Cosmetic Labs, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Britt Metal Processing, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Gemini Air Cargo Chapter 11 case
- Debtor-in-possession in Phoenix Worldwide Industries, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Several Latin American financial institutions in Chapter 11 of Refco Inc.
- Local exchange carriers and other telecommunications providers in Worldcom, Global Crossing, Viatel, Star Telecommunications and other bankruptcies
- Pre-petition and post-petition lender in Chapter 11 of international injection molding manufacturer with seven facilities in four countries
- Receiver in FTC receiverships involving consumer credit companies.
- Creditors Committee in Hospital Staffing Services, Inc. (NASDAQ), a national Medicare provider in Chapter 11
- Legal opinions regarding bankruptcy and insolvency issues, including substantive consolidation
- Prosecuted and defended over 150 avoidance actions
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Private equity fund in $162 million acquisition of operating automotive accessories manufacturing from Chapter 11 in Delaware
- Chapter 11 Trustee in the sale of a series of landfill, cycling and waste centers owned by Atlas Environmental, and eleven debtor subsidiaries
- Owner/seller of a Florida plastics manufacturer to its largest competitor
- Target information technology consulting business in $48 million acquisition by public technology company
- Stalking horse purchaser of curtain manufacturer with exclusive contracts with JC Penney out of Chapter 11
- Palm Beach Pops in the acquisition of the library and member list from Boca Pops in Chapter 7
- Corporate purchaser of intellectual property of Tasco Worldwide Inc. from assignment for the benefit of creditors
- Cable television channel in connection with the purchase of cable decoders from a company in Chapter 11
- Executive office suite business in sale to the nation’s largest office suite owner
- Banca del Gottardo in the $148 million sale of the Roney Plaza in the Chapter 11 of Roney Associates
- Secured lender in series of sales of operating plastics manufacturers in Chapter 11 of Security Plastics
- Secured lender in sale of 15 Church’s fried chicken franchises in Chapter 11 of The Restaurant Group
- Receiver for commercial office building in Miami-Dade County
- Bentley Bay Condominium Association in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of developer, Florida Development Associates, Ltd.
- Pre-petition and post-petition lender with over $100 million facility in Chapter 11 of large hotel and condominium property in Miami Beach
- Condominium conversion developer in workout and largest foreclosure action in Palm Beach County
- Numerous commercial and residential developers in Miami-Dade and Broward County foreclosures and workouts.
- Secured creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of TOUSA, a large national home builder.
- Financial institution in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Levitt Homes, a large national home builder.
- Court-Appointed Receiver for Lancer Management Group LLC v. Taubman, WL 984452 (S.D. Fla. March 27, 2007
- Steinberg v. A Analyst Ltd., WL 4287662 (S.D. Fla. December 5, 2007)
- S.E.C. v. Lauer, WL 2931398 (S.D. Fla. November 18, 2004)
- Steinberg v. A Analyst Ltd., (S.D. Fla. December 5, 2007)
Awards and Professional Recognitions:
- Selected by peers as among the BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA 2013 in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Listed among the TOP 100 FLORIDA SUPER LAWYERS 2013 by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine
- Named among the SUPER LAWYERS-TOP LAWYERS IN FLORIDA by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, a listing of the State’s "Lawyers Held in the Highest Regard" by their peers for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2006-2012
- Named among TOP LAWYERS in South Florida for bankruptcy law by the South Florida Legal Guide 2011, 2012 Editions, TOP UP AND COMER, 2005-2011 editions
- Named one of FLORIDA’S LEGAL ELITE, a listing of the State’s top 1.7% of "Lawyers Held in the Highest Regard," selected by Florida attorneys and published in Florida Trend Magazine, 2005-2008
- Listed in CHAMBERS & PARTNERS USA, Category Band 4, for Bankruptcy, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ (4.5-5.0) Peer Review Rating
An AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. Ratings Explanation
- "What Every Business Lawyer Should Know About Bankruptcy," American Bar Association Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C., April 6, 2013
- "Bankruptcy Sales Discussion," Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Broward Chapter, October 16, 2012
- "Commercial Bankruptcy & Receiverships," Realtors Commercial Alliance of Greater Miami and the Beaches, January 14, 2010
- "Overview of U.S. Bankruptcy Law, Role of the Trustee, Avoidance Powers: Preferences and Fraudulent Conveyances," Bankruptcy in Florida, February 24, 2005
- "The Emerging Role of Forensic Accountants," Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, University of Florida Accounting Conference, November 11-12, 2004
- ReThink and ReUse Center, Inc., Chairman of Board of Directors
- Real Estate Council, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce, Pillar Trustee
- Mount Sinai Hospital, Young Founder
- North Dade and the Beaches Real Estate Council