Downtown Miami boutique law firm specializing in bankruptcy, corporate reorganization, and complex commercial litigation is seeking a junior (2+ years) insolvency litigation associate attorney to join our team, grow and learn with us, and eventually become one of our partners.
Work closely with clients, partners, and other team members on complex business restructuring, reorganization, and insolvency litigation matters.
Based on demonstrated proficiency, the candidate will appear and argue contested matters in court, take and defend depositions, research and prepare legal memoranda, discovery, and dispositive motions, and contribute to trial preparation and practice.
Qualifications and requirements:
- have at least two years of litigation experience (bankruptcy experience a plus);
- possess strong research, writing, and oral advocacy skills;
- be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a varied caseload, and must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and colleagues effectively and efficiently;
- possess excellent organizational skills, with a keen eye towards detail and the ability to multi-task in a collaborative team-oriented environment;
- be able to work under pressure and have the discipline to work both in person and remotely with minimal supervision;
- be licensed to practice law in Florida.
An ideal candidate is someone who excelled academically, is a high achiever and self-starter who cares about themselves, the community, fellow team members, and clients, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done. We aren’t looking for a cog in a machine – our attorneys are passionate about achieving excellent results for our clients, demonstrate creativity in solving complex problems, and are eager to take on progressively greater responsibility and continue their development personally and professionally. We also encourage but do not require our attorneys to take on pro bono matters so that we as a firm offer the same level of excellence and passion to clients who cannot afford top-tier legal representation.
Bast Amron LLP offers competitive compensation, plus benefits, and the opportunity to work, learn and grow in a collegial environment where we work hard on complex matters but have fun doing it. In addition to base pay and benefits, substantial objective and discretionary bonuses are awarded based on a variety of factors. Junior associates are also assigned a mentor to benefit their long-term development and provided with regular opportunities to develop their skills through formal training and continuing education.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Insolvency Litigation Associate in the subject line. Please also include your compensation expectation, a writing sample, and a short sentence or two about why you will be a positive addition to our team.