Are you an energetic and positive individual who values teamwork and is interested in working in a fast-paced environment with some amazing people?Our dynamic law firm is looking for a full-time Legal Executive Assistant who is resourceful and has a can-do attitude to join our team.
The Legal Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support to the two managing partners of the firm as well as the firm’s administrator and marketing director.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a standard of excellence for client care and customer service. We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm, someone who thrives in a people-driven environment and enjoys challenges with high attention to detail, with great team spirit who takes pride in delivering an exceptional client experience, demonstrates active leadership, and excels within a team environment will thrive in this role.
Job Duties include:
- Work directly with the firm managing partners to support all aspects of their daily work routine.
- Maintain their calendars, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, business development events, and travel (may include domestic and international) arrangements. Prepare travel itineraries and gather information about individuals whom they are meeting. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs
- Serve as a liaison between firm managing partners, staff, and the public. This includes receiving and screening phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing calls appropriately for resolution.
- Coordinate work with other staff as needed.
- Assist in firm activities and processes including project planning, intake, prioritization, initiation, and execution
- Assist in the development of presentations for internal and external audiences
- Determine priority of matters of attention; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate
- Keep firm managing partners advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties
- Handle printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and email/messages
- Sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories.
- Compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence for a required signature
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Assist with recruitment of attorneys, including scheduling of interviews with partners and other attorneys
- Register and update memberships, including registration and maintaining of CLE credits with FLABAR
- Assist with coverage of front desk
- Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other departments or Executives as needed.
- Assist marketing director with business development initiatives for firm managing partners
- Assist marketing director with managing firm contact list/s
- Assist marketing director with logistics for firm’s signature event
- Assist marketing director with scheduling guests for the firm’s podcast series
Skillset And Background
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years’ prior experience in supporting a senior executive or team
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Bilingual preferred
About the firm:
We formed Bast Amron to be a law firm unlike any other, one that reflects our values and beliefs. For that reason, we have not placed our people into departments or other categorical boxes. We strive to operate outside the box. In fact, that is the genesis of our firm logo – Bast Amron is literally outside the box.
Our unique culture is reflected in the drawing together of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds. Bast Amron encourages the best people, regardless of race, religion, belief, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, or age, to fulfill their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
If you have these qualities and want to work in an exciting but professional and collegial environment with the opportunity for upward mobility, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Legal Executive Assistant in the subject line. Please include your compensation expectation and a short sentence or two about why you will be a positive addition to our team.