Jeremy has almost thirty years of experience as a commercial trial attorney and has been involved in numerous jury and non-jury trials in the State and Federal courts.
Jeremy’s practice includes representation of individuals and business entities in a broad range of commercial disputes, including breach of contract, real and personal property foreclosure, products liability, creditor’s rights, business torts, breach of warranty, sales of goods, injunctions and other prejudgment remedies, and real estate litigation including specific performance, quiet title actions and ejectment.
Throughout his career, Jeremy has represented financial institutions in areas such as lender liability, negotiable instrument disputes, wire transfer issues (Articles 3, 4 and 4A UCC), letters of credit (Article 5 UCC), account disputes, operational advice, and the preparation of agreements including deposit agreements, wire transfer agreements, ACH agreements and agreements for new banking products.
Jeremy is also well versed in litigation of construction defects, design defects, architectural and engineering malpractice and construction product liability actions.
- A large local community bank in a wide variety of banking related issues such as account disputes; litigation of fraud and forgery; wire transfers and commercial foreclosure
- Local community bank as general outside counsel in a wide variety of matters including litigation of many kinds, regulatory issues and the preparation of contracts for new banking products and agreements of various kinds between the bank and its vendors and customers
- Local community banks in preparation of Originator Financial Institution ACH contracts
- Local and national banks in commercial foreclosures and appointment of receivers for commercial property
Construction Litigation Representations:
- Successfully represented a major commercial landlord in a construction dispute with the co-owner of the building resulting in repairs worth several million dollars
- A local university in the litigation over defects in a new building on campus resulting in a settlement of over $2 million
- Local Boat manufacturer in litigation over alleged defects in a luxury yacht resulting in a defense judgment saving the client over $6 million in damages
- Represented the owner of a commercial building in litigation against national manufacturer over defective glass in a high rise building resulting in a settlement of over $1 million
- Represented a government corporation in litigation over the defective design of a building resulting a sizeable verdict for the client at trial
General Litigation Representations:
- One of the senior members of a 30 plus attorney team representing national bank in litigation over insurance of securitized mortgages
- Caribbean hotel chain in litigation involving application of foreign law with owner of one of its hotels over breach of hotel management contract resulting in very favorable settlement for client
- Federal government corporation in trial of fraud claim against a local restaurant resulting in a jury verdict for punitive damages
- State agency in action over interpretation of easements for utilities along state right of way resulting in a favorable declaration for the client
- National golf course management corporation in property dispute with local developer resulting in favorable settlement for client
- Co-owner of successful and well -known local restaurant in litigation brought by disgruntled former co-owner resulting in summary judgment in favor of client
- Southwest Florida golf club in litigation with resigned members over resignation and refund policy worth more than $20 million resulting in summary judgment for client
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Presentations to banking organizations on various subjects, including Articles 3, 4, 4A and 9 UCC; loss avoidance in bank operations and detecting bank fraud
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Business Network International, Miami
- Member, Florida Lawyers Referral Network