Jaime Leggett practices in the areas of bankruptcy and complex commercial litigation. His experience includes prosecuting director and officer liability claims; representing trustees, creditors, equity holders, and debtors in bankruptcy proceedings; federal and state court commercial litigation; and trials in federal, bankruptcy, and state courts nationwide.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaime worked for a firm in New York City handling complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation. Previously to that firm, Jaime served as a law clerk to U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Allan Gropper of the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York and U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Arthur Weissbrodt of the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
- Representing a hedge fund against assertions by another fund for a multi-million dollar carried interest claim, obtained monetary judgment in client’s favor after trial, and protected client’s rights against fund in later bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representing a food trademark licensor in contract action against defaulting licensee and obtained decision after trial awarding monetary damages against licensee and denying licensee’s multi-million dollar counterclaims.
- Representing a Chapter 7 trustee in pursuing claims against Debtor’s former professionals and obtained substantial settlement.
- Established damages in contract action upon default of counterparty by way of evidentiary hearing and obtained judgment in vendor client’s favor.
- Representing indigent rent-controlled tenant with AIDS in eviction proceeding and obtained settlement.
Awards and Recognitions
- Super Lawyers, New York Metro Rising Stars 2016-2019