MIAMI, FL- May 15, 2023- Bast Amron Partner Brett M. Amron will be a panelist on a virtual CLE webinar, Tuesday, May 31st, from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST, on the topic of “Bankruptcy Fraudulent Transfers as Securities Claims.” Opening the Door to Recovering D&O Insurance Proceeds.
The webinar, hosted by Strafford, will discuss the novel approach used in Verizon Commc’ns. Inc., et al. v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, et al, Case No N18C-08-086 EMD CCLD (Del. Super. Ct. Oct. 18, 2022) for accessing D&O insurance coverage in connection with a fraudulent transfer claim. The panel will discuss the rationale of Verizon, and how bankruptcy trustees and other estate representatives (such as creditors’ committees) can leverage the holding in this case to augment the estate.
- Overview of Verizon Commc’ns. Inc., et al. v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh
- Choice of law and rules of policy interpretation
- Key policy definitions, provisions, and exclusions
- Derivative standing issues
- Reasonable expectation of coverage defense
- Bankruptcy applications and strategies
The program will review these and other pivotal issues:
- What was the court’s reasoning in holding that a fraudulent transfer claim constituted a securities claim for which D&O insurance coverage was available?
- What is the relevant policy language to review in such circumstances?
- Does the analysis change based the type (“side A/B/C”) of D&O policy involved?
To register, or to learn more, click here.