MIAMI, FL- January 21, 2021- Bast Amron Partner Brett M. Amron will be a panelist on a virtual CLE webinar, Tuesday, January 26, 2021, from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST, on the topic of “D&O Indemnity Claims in Bankruptcy: Navigating Third-Party Suits, Chapter 11, and D&O Insurance Coverage”.
The webinar, hosted by Strafford, will provide insight and analysis on the types of claims that may entitle directors and officers to indemnity protection and how their indemnity claims are treated in and affected by a company’s bankruptcy. The panel will also discuss the effect of bankruptcy on D&O insurance coverage and the issues considered in determining who is entitled to proceeds from the D&O insurance policy in a Chapter 11 proceeding.
Listen as our authoritative panel discusses the sources of director and officer indemnity claims and treatment of those claims in bankruptcy. The panel will also discuss coverages that should be included in any company’s D&O insurance policy, and how best to pursue collection under the D&O policy in a Chapter 11 proceeding.
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Are bankruptcy exclusions in D&O policies enforceable?
- When is a director or officer entitled to indemnification for third-party claims?
- How are those indemnity obligations impacted by the bankruptcy of the company?
- What are the coverages to include in the D&O insurance policy? What endorsements may ensure that directors and officers remain covered after a bankruptcy?
- How does a Chapter 11 proceeding impact insurance coverage and distribution of proceeds?
To register, or to learn more, click here.
*There is a cost to attend