Bast Amron’s bankruptcy litigation practice concentrates on litigation related to bankruptcy and insolvency cases. Members of this practice group have represented clients in bankruptcy adversary proceedings, contested matters, plan disputes and all types of insolvency-related litigation. Our attorneys have both prosecuted and defended fraudulent transfers, preferential transfers, dischargeability and successor liability actions, and have conducted many trials and evidentiary hearings as well as fraud investigations in connection with bankruptcy cases. Members of the firm also have briefed and argued appeals from bankruptcy decisions in appellate courts.
- Special Counsel to Liquidating Trustee prosecuting director and officer liability claims in SMF Energy Corporation Chapter 11 case, resulting in a recovery of over $5 million to creditors
- Special Counsel to Plan Administrator prosecuting director and officer liability claims in E-Brands Restaurants, LLC, et al Chapter 11 case, resulting in a recovery of $1 million to creditors
- Special Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Advanced Blast Protection Chapter 11 case investigating and pursuing director and officer liability claims, resulting in a recovery of $1.95 million to creditors
- Recovery of more than $100,000 in undisclosed bank accounts for Chapter 7 trustee after evidentiary hearing regarding ownership of funds
- Bankruptcy trustee in Certified HR Services Chapter 11 case investigating and pursuing preferences and fraudulent transfers, director and officer liability, and professional malpractice claims
- Debtor in contested confirmation proceedings in Chapter 11 case of Lofts on the Park LLC
- Bankruptcy trustee in Abraham Gosman’s Chapter 7 case pursuing avoidance claims totaling $60 million
- Liquidating trustee in Pacific Forest Chapter 11 case pursuing insiders and banks relating to a $500 million check kiting scheme
- Creditors committee in Cornerstone Propane Chapter 11 case investigating avoidance and equitable subordination claims against pre-petition lenders
- Numerous preference defendants in Tousa Homes
- Numerous preference defendants in First Foliage, L.C.
- Prosecuted and defended hundreds of avoidance actions, including preferential and fraudulent transfers