Bast Amron’s boutique practice in debtor-creditor matters allows us to employ insight gained from the representation of creditors, debtors, and trustees in a wide variety of legal proceedings both inside and outside of bankruptcy.
The firm counsels distressed businesses and individuals about practical, economic and legal solutions to the financial difficulties they may be facing. We have the ability and expertise to represent both debtors and creditors in a variety of contexts, including business strategy and negotiation and, if necessary, bankruptcy filings and litigation. We work with Debtors to analyze their goals, resources, threats and strategic alternatives. We also have experience working with secured and unsecured creditors in the stages before during and after bankruptcy to best protect their rights. In the bankruptcy context, we have utilized the full range of creditors’ remedies in representing secured creditors, including motions to dismiss or convert, motions for relief from stay, opposition to use of cash collateral, and opposition to plan confirmation.
- Debtor-in-possession in Camaguey Plaza, LLC, Chapter 11 case
- Debtor-in-possession in Lofts on the Park LLC, Chapter 11 case
- Debtor-in-possession in Banah International Group, Inc., Chapter 11 case
- Debtor-in-possession in Phoenix Worldwide Industries, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Chapter 11 Trustee for Global Energies, LLC, Chapter 11 case
- Prosecuted and defended hundreds of avoidance actions
- Bankruptcy trustee in Certified HR Services Chapter 11 case investigating and pursuing preferences and fraudulent transfers, director and officer liability, and professional malpractice claims
- Bankruptcy trustee in Abraham Gosman’s Chapter 7 case pursuing avoidance claims totaling $60 million
- Liquidating trustee in Pacific Forest Chapter 11 case pursuing insiders and banks relating to a $500 million check kiting scheme
- Chapter 11 Trustee in sale of landfill, recycling and waste centers owned by Atlas Environmental
- Investor Creditors Committee in jointly administered Chapter 11 cases of Mosaic Management Group, Inc., Mosaic Alternative Assets Ltd. and Paladin Settlements, Inc.
- Creditors Committee in Ecological Paper Recycling, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Advanced Blast Protection Chapter 11 case
- Special counsel to creditors committee in SMF Energy Corporation Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in MCZ/Centrum Florida XVIII, LLC Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Cornerstone Propane Chapter 11 case investigating avoidance and equitable subordination claims against pre-petition lenders
- Creditors committee in Solar Cosmetic Labs, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Britt Metal Processing, Inc. Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Gemini Air Cargo Chapter 11 case
- Creditors committee in Safety-Kleen Chapter 11 case pursuing claims seeking to avoid $2.0 billion in liens and security interests
- Secured creditor in Fontainebleau Las Vegas Holdings, LLC Chapter 11 case
- Several Latin American financial institutions in Chapter 11 of Refco Inc.
- Local exchange carriers and other telecommunications providers in Worldcom, Global Crossing, Viatel, Star Telecommunications and other national bankruptcies
- Pre-petition and post-petition lender in Chapter 11 of international injection molding manufacturer with seven facilities in four countries
- Secured lenders in the following sales:
- Banca del Gottardo in the $148 million sale of the Roney Plaza in the Chapter 11 of Roney Associates
- Comerica Bank in series of sales of operating plastics manufacturers in Chapter 11 of Security Plastics
- Bay View Bank in sale of 15 Church’s fried chicken franchises in Chapter 11 of The Restaurant Group
- Lienholders in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Levitt Homes, a large national home builder
- Bentley Bay Condominium Association in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of developer, Florida Development Associates, Ltd.
- Pre-petition and post-petition lender with over $100 million facility in Chapter 11 of large hotel and condominium property in Miami Beach
- Secured creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of TOUSA, a large national home builder