Commercial Litigation/Bankruptcy Paralegal Job Description
Downtown Miami boutique law firm specializing in insolvency and commercial litigation with a progressive, team-oriented atmosphere is seeking a commercial litigation paralegal with some familiarity with bankruptcy to join our growing team, where you have opportunities to grow and develop alongside your fellow teammates!
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of law firm experience
- BA/BS and/or paralegal certificate a plus
- Experience with:
- Florida E-Portal filing, PACER filing
- State and federal court litigation, including discovery, tracking and meeting deadlines, contact with the courts, court reporters, scheduling hearings, etc.
- Proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Document management systems (such as Worldox)
- Timekeeping software (such as PracticeMaster)
- E-discovery document review platforms (such as Logikcull and Relativity)
- Time management and organization, with attention to detail
- A self-starter, able to handle a varied caseload with numerous deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize tasks and track billable time.
- A teamplayer- able to effectively communicate with clients, co-workers, opposing counsel, and court staff.
- Familiarity with Bankruptcy (Chapters 7 and 11) procedures (debtor, creditor, and trustee work), receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, adversary proceedings, bankruptcy petition preparation software (BestCase)
About the firm:
We formed Bast Amron to be a law firm unlike any other, one that reflects our values and beliefs. For that reason, we have not placed our people into departments or other categorical boxes. We strive to operate outside the box. In fact, that is the genesis of our firm logo – Bast Amron is literally outside the box.
Our unique culture is reflected in the drawing together of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds. Bast Amron encourages the best people, regardless of race, religion, belief, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, or age, to fulfill their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.
The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Job applications will always be kept confidential.
If you have these qualities and want to work in an exciting but professional and collegial environment then please send your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Litigation/Bankruptcy Paralegal in the subject line.